Carnival Cruise Lines' Totally Renovated Carnival Radiance Sails Seasonally From New York
As part of an extensive fleet revitalization program the Carnival Victory
will be at the shipyard in Cadiz, Spain from March 18 to April 26, 2020. At the Navantia Shipyard, the Carnival Victory will undergo a 38 day, $200 Million dollar refit and re-emerge as the
Carnival Radiance. The third ship in Carnival's new Sunshine-Class. The Carnival Radiance re-entered service from Barcelona, Spain on June 11, 2020.
Carnival says, "We’re adding so many great features to Carnival Victory that the ship will be practically glowing. All this fun, and a warm new name, will make Carnival Radiance an amazing new spot for some
of the latest bars and pubs, sports activities, spa amenities and dining spots — like the first-ever Big Chicken restaurant at sea, serving up favorites from Shaq, Carnival’s Chief Fun Officer
and huge fried chicken fan!"
Carnival Radiance Staterooms and Public Spaces
The refit included the addition of 115 new staterooms and the modernization of all other staterooms. Carnival Radiance enhancements include the redesign of two luxurious Captain’s Suites adjacent to the
navigational bridge offering floor-to-ceiling windows and extended balcony grand suites. All of the ship’s staterooms will be updated to offer island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing
pastels inspired by the line’s Caribbean itineraries.
The addition to the new eateries to match those found on their newest ships, extensive work was done to renovate public areas and lounges, expanded outdoor activities including Waterworks Aqua Park, Ropes
course, creation of an adults only area. expansion of Spa Facilities / offerings, and finally the addition of bars and causal eateries.
Carnival Radiance Food Glorious Food!
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line’s popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as “spiked” coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrées and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- The Chef’s Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Cherry on Top: The “sweetest spot on board,” an expanded Cherry on Top features bulk candy, fanciful gifts, custom apparel and a Carnival Adventures shop.
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a casual open-air eatery featuring “real deal” BBQ favorites created by Food Network star Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: A casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other New England-inspired fare; The Deli with sandwiches and paninis; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
Carnival Radiance - Raising the Bar
- RedFrog Pub: Featuring the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: A new twist on Carnival’s popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun.
- Limelight Lounge: Home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away.
- New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that’s home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line’s high-tech Playlist Productions revues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
Carnival Radiance Open-Air Fun and Relaxation
- SportSquare: A suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult Only Retreat: An adult only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
Carnival Radiance Expanded Cloud 9 Spa and More
- Cloud 9 Spa: Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- Modern, Spacious Facilities for Kids and Teens: including a new Camp Ocean, a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11, along with new spaces for Circle “C” aimed at 12- to 14-year olds and Club O2 geared to those 15-17.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line’s own branded spaces like Hip Fish and The Carnival Store.
“These new dining spaces and features complement many of Carnival’s signature food and beverage outlets that were added during previous renovations, including Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Guy Fieri,” said Gus Antorcha, Carnival’s chief operating officer, who has led
the re-imagination of Carnival Radiance and many other ships in the fleet. “Carnival’s investments are part of an overall plan that is raising the bar on ship amenities and features, itineraries and
offshore excursions that our guests are loving.”
Carnival Radiance 2020 New York Itinerary
Arriving in New York on June 24, 2020 fresh from her refit, the Carnival Radiance will sail a series of cruises from
New York through October 11, 2020.
The Carnival Radiance will offer various itineraries allowing passengers to take the ship to multiple regions.
7 Day New England & Canada Cruises visiting Boston, Ma;
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; St John New Brunswick Canada and
4-6 Day Bermuda Cruises visiting
Kings Wharf, Bermuda - some with overnight stays.
8 Day Eastern Caribbean Cruise visiting
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas;
Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; and
Amber Cover Dominican Republic.
9 Day Bermuda & Bahamas Cruise visiting
Kings Wharf, Bermuda;
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas; and
8 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise visiting
Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos;
Amber Cover Dominican Republic; and
San Juan, Puerto Rico.
9 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise calling at
San Juan, Puerto Rico;
Other 2020 Carnival Cruises From New York
Carnival Sunrise 2020 New York Cruises
The Carnival Sunrise will sail a series of 4-12 day cruises from New York starting in May 2020 and continuing until October 19, 2020.
During the Spring, Summer and early Autumn, the
Carnival Sunrise will sail to exciting ports of call like
Amber Cove, Dominican Republic;
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas and
Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos.
On October 19, the
Carnival Sunrise departs New York on a 12-day repositioning cruise from New York visiting
Grand Turk; Limon; Cartegena, Columbia; Partial transit of the Panama Canal, Grand Cayman and ending in Fort Lauderdale.
Click here to see the entire
2020 New York Cruise schedule
Just as a side note - In 2019, the Carnival Triumph underwent a similar refit and emerged as the
Carnival Sunrise. In 2020, the Carnival Radiance and
Carnival Sunrise will both be sailing from New York during the summer and fall of 2020.
Carnival Legend's 2020 New York Cruises
The Carnival Legend will sail 3 cruises from New York in 2020 as the Carnival Legend makes her way to Europe.